6.2.10

Invictus (unconquered、invincible)


Out of the night that covers me
夜幕低垂將我籠罩

Black as the Pit from pole to pole
兩極猶如漆黑地窖

I thank whatever gods may be
我感謝未知的上帝

For my unconquerable soul.
賦予我不敗的心靈

In the fell clutch of circumstance
即使環境險惡危急

I have not winced nor cried aloud.
我不會退縮或哭嚎

Under the bludgeonings of chance
立於時機的脅迫下

My head is bloody, but unbowed.
血流滿面我不屈服

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
超越這般悲憤交集

Looms but the Horror of the shade
恐怖陰霾獨步逼近

And yet the menace of the years
歲月威脅揮之不去

Finds and shall find me unafraid.
我終究會無所畏懼

It matters not how strait the gate
縱然通道多麼險狹

How charged with punishments the scroll
儘管嚴懲綿延不盡

I am the master of my fate:
我是我命運的主人

I am the captain of my soul.
我是我心靈的統率

──William Ernest Henley(威廉亨利) 1875

沒有留言: